I have been interested in and inspired by herbaceous perennials ever since I started gardening. Thus, together with my husband, Michael Frinke, I have collected about four thousand different perennials, grasses and geophytes for the hortvs up to now. In the course. In the course of time some species have become our favorites.
This is why we refer to the following species as Hortvs-Collection:
- Helleborus (all wild species, the famous collection of Helen Ballard and our own hybrids)
- Galanthus (almost all wild species, about 500 cultivars and about 200 selections which have not been named so far )
- Polygonatum (about 40 different species and varieties)
- Thalictrum (about 40 different species and varieties)
- Arisaema (about 25 different species)
- Libertia (20 different species)
- Erythronium (30 different species)
- Agapanthus (55 different species)
- Sempervivum and Jovibarba (about 180 different species)
- Epimedium (about 50 different species )
- Miscanthus (about 30 different species)
- Ferns (about 100 different species and varieties)
We very much aim to produce more and more of these difficult to breed plants, also for sale. Visitors to our nursery already find a wide choice of the genera of Helleborus, Thalictrum, Sempervivum, Miscanthus, Epimedium and hardy ferns.